Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Review: ELF Studio Powder Brush




Quality: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Price: $3.00
Where To Buy: Eyeslipsface.com
Would I Buy Again: Yes!

This brush is so great! Its the first flat top brush I've tried, and it'll probably be the last. I had been thinking about getting a more expensive one from Coastal Scents but kept putting it off, finially I decided to try this one since its $10 cheaper. I've used it for both powder and liquid foundation with great results.

For powder foundation it gives great coverage and I've never had powder foundation look so good. It was easy to get the foundation around my nose but harder to get it around my eyebrows.

Applying liquid foundation with this brush was so much easier then any other brush I've used and quicker then using my fingers. Plus I got a great smooth streak free finish with zero effort. Today was really the fastest and easiest time I've ever had applying liquid foundation.

This brush is super soft, and it was easy to wash out my stubborn Revlon CS. Also there was very little foundation left on my brush, I expected there to be more on my brush then on my face like with other brushes but that doesn't happen with this brush.



PROS:
-super soft
-no shedding
-no smell
-applies both powder & liquid foundation like a dream
-cleans easy, doesn't suck foundation up into the bristles
-affordable for everyone
-vegan, bristles are synthetic

CONS:
-takes a few hours to dry like most synthetic brushes

Don't forget to use the code CAROLINA at the ELF website for 50% off orders up to $15. Also use Ebates for 4% cash back.

6 comments:

Scarlett said...

YAY! So glad to hear all the positives, since I've got two coming in the mail to me!! :) Thanks!

leslielovesmakeup said...

lucky you, mine shed like crazy but i loved how soft it was. maybe i should order another one.

hklover86 said...

Ive always kinda looked at their website but never ordered anything yet. I'm thinking I definately want to now. The only bad thing is the shipping to canada :(

rayqueenbee said...

I heart this brush, its the best brush to apply that Revlon CS f/d. I love it apart from my MAC stippling brush, I grab it to use more than my MAC brush too :)

The Home Spa Goddess said...

I hated the two elf shadow brushes I had:( This looks cool.

CandiChromatics said...

i totally agree!!! i won't put on my liquid foundation any other way. def one of my favorite brushes. :]]]