Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nail's Of The Day: China Glaze Flying Dragon

I really thought this color was going to be amazing because in the bottle its a gorgeous purple with blue & fucshia glitter, but when I put it on I was not impressed. The glitter isn't really glitter in the sense that it doesn't reflect light or change color at all. Its just flat and you can't really see it unless you are upclose. Also without a top coat its not shiny at all. I think with some other sparkly color layered over it it could be great, but I think with a brand like China Glaze you shouldn't have to resort to that.

In this photo you can see the glitter but its not this impressive in person.



click to enlarge



6 comments:

Emma said...

I totally agree with you about this polish. It promises so much in the bottle but comes out very strange. Think i'll be sticking to the holographic polishes that CG have if I want glitter.

Ariana said...

hey! this is totally irrelevant but i was inspired by your Alyssa Milano eye look and did a similar one. XD this is ChenchillaxChop on MUA, by the way. mine is not as good, though. anyways, i put it on the FOTD board. just wanted to let you know i love your looks. i also included your pictures in the post to compare to mine, hope you don't mind...i credited you. XD

Phyrra said...

I love this color, but I only like it with a super shiny top coat. With the top coat, you can see the glitter better.

teasecake said...

ahh i love purple!

Katie said...

Supposedly the glitter is UV, or so I've heard. Maybe it's better under blacklight.

Anonymous said...

i think this color is part of their neon family..that's where it's placed in the display at least. those colors are satin finish. i have another :)