Saturday, December 6, 2008

Review: Remington Sleek & Curl Flat Iron



Quality: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Size: 1 inch
Price: $35
Where To Buy: Target, Wal-Mart

-Includes Bonus Styling DVD developed by Professional Stylists!
Shows “how to” create numerous looks & styles
Full with tips & tricks
-Tourmaline + Titanium + Ceramic Coating for superior heat transfer and wear resistance
-Locks in the hair’s natural moisture
-Incredible Lasting Frizz-Free Shine
-Digital Precise Temperature Control with Temperature Lock
Set and lock-in desired temperature setting
-Salon High Heat 430°F
-30 second heat up and Turbo Boost Mode
-Automatically sets to the highest temperature if desired
-Auto Shutoff after 1 hour
-Dual Voltage for travel
-Hinge Lock
-6 ft. Swivel Cord
-4 year warranty

Let me start by saying, this flat iron ROCKS!

Last week Folica.com was having a discount and I was planning to buy the BaByliss nano flat iron for $80. I didn't really want to spend all that money on one item, especially at this time of the year when I'm buying christmas presents for 10 people and birthday presents for 4 people, so I thought I'd try a cheap one from Target before I spent tons on a high end iron. If it didn't work out I'd just take it back. I looked on the Target website, read their reviews, and picked out a iron that looked promising (and convienently pretty!). Then I went to the store and picked up the Remington Sleek & Curl flat iron.

It was the best thing I ever did.

The first thing I did was watch the instructional DVD it comes with. It has video tutorials on how to achieve 5-6 different curly looks that are super cute and pretty easy to do. I didn't think I'd really be able to duplicate any of the looks but to my surprise on the first try my hair curled and looked totally cute.

I set the temperature to 360 degrees and it takes me about 25 minutes to curl all of my hair. The curls stay in ALL DAY! The very bottom layer of hair straightens out because everything on top smooshes it but everything else is super curly to the end of the day. Straightening only takes about 5 minutes and you only need to go over each section once for it to be pin straight.

PROS:
-heats up very quickly, less then a minute
-changeable heat settings
-there is a key pad lock so you don't change the temperature while curling, just hold the (-) key down for 2 seconds and the lock symbol comes up on the screen
-curls and straightens hair with just one pass
-makes hair shinier (not tons but enough to be noticed)
-doesn't pull on the ends of your hair, glides down with no problem
-the dvd shows you how to do some really cute hair styles
-the iron itself is very cute and seems to be very sturdy, its small and doesn't take up much space
-4 year warranty, if it stops working Remington will replace it

CONS:
-around the plates gets very hot, but you can still touch the ends

If you are looking for a flat iron GET THIS ONE its really great.

10 comments:

Askmewhats said...

yay!!! Affordable flat iron that works! :)

Ariana said...

yay for not getting the babyliss. i've heard the solia on folica is better, ($85) for that price range. of course, the GHD is famous too. but it's $200+! AGH.

that's awesome that this one is good. i don't have to spend $85 anymore! thanks for the thorough review.

Anna said...

this looks awesome! i wanna get it now =)

Beneathourstarz said...

Ok so i got the T|Studio 1" Sleek & Curl Flat Iron for a christmas gift and i love it however the past few times i've used it where it reads the temp it reads "error" after about 5 mins of using it.. i've only had it a few months and i've never dropped it or anything so its really weird... has anyone else had this problem?! its really annoying i'll be half way thru using it and the heat turns off.. ugh!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Great flat iron. I wish to purchase it. But i did purchase chi flat iron.
http://chiflatironshop.com/1-Inch-CHI-Flat-Iron/c45/index.html

Anonymous said...

OK I just bought this flat iron and it wouldn't turn on so I exchanged it for a new one. The new one won't turn on either...am I just doing something wrong...I mean there is ONLY one on button but what is the chance that both straighteners don't work??

Katrina said...

You do have to hold the button for a full second for it to turn on, aside from that I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Anonymous said...

I really want this flat iron for christmas, but the only problem is that around the plates get really hot and I always touch that part! I guess I will just have to get used to it! But it sounds like a really good flat iron! THANKS!

Liu said...

Hi,
Your blog is awesome and some excellent information is shared. Your blog is useful for our visitors.
Fabove, Canada's leading beauty store, recommends these best flat irons based on Customer's rating and ranking. Sorted in different price ranges and categories. Free shipping across Canada and USA.

mercy said...

Hi,
I love your blog. It is more informative.
Fabove, Canada's leading beauty store, recommends these best flat irons based on Customer's rating and ranking. Sorted in different price ranges and categories. Free shipping across Canada and USA.