Monday, June 9, 2008

Review: Charlotte Russe Minerals



Quality: 5 out of 5
Packaging 4.5 out of 5
Price: $4.99
Where to buy: Charlotte Russe (the clothing store)

I found these at the mall last year just when I was really getting into pigments. I was so excited to find quality eye shadow for so cheap. After I bought my first one I went and got a bunch more. I think there are only 3 or 4 trios that I don't have.

These are stacks of three colors that screw onto each other. Each jar is 5 grams. The individual colors don't have names but the trios do (such as Flirt, Earth, Mermaid). Nearly all of the colors are super pigmented and long lasting. I've only found the dark blue on the Smoky trio to be chalky and quite sheer, but if you use it wet or with a stickier base (UDPP wasn't sticky enough) you get good color out of it.

The packaging bugs me a little because if powder gets between the jars they get hard to screw and squeak a lot. Its not a huge deal though.

Overall I really love these and definitely recommend trying to find them.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you do swatches.? thanks

Lily said...

i didn't know charlotte russe sold pigments!

Katrina said...

Yeah, I'll do swatches as soon as I can.

They have them in bins by the check out counter. They also have lip gloss but I haven't tried them.

Dani said...

I don't think they sell them anymore ... :( Atleast not at any of the locations I've been to. Do you know of any?!