Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Review: Jesse's Girl Eye Dust

Jesse’s Girl Eye Dust

Quality: 5 out of 5
Packaging 5 out of 5
Price: $4
Where to buy: Rite Aid & http://www.jessesgirlcosmetics.com/

Jesse’s Girl pigments are really great. They come in large jars with 3.5 grams of pigment, and there are a bunch of colors in all sorts of shades. They don’t have names on the jar but it is on their website, so I'll just go by the color and last 3 digits of the bar code which is on the jars.

All the colors are duo chromed and/or slightly metallic. There are a lot of sparkles, but they aren't overly obvious. They are finely milled and quite pigmented. I find its best to use them over a tackier base, they don’t stick as well as I’d like to UDPP, but shadesticks or creamier bases are fine.

Another great thing about Jesse's Girl pigments is that a few of them are dupes for MAC pigments. There is a dupe of Fuchsia (middle swatch below), Violet (560 Cloisonne Violet), Pink Pearl (551 Superpink Pearl), and Old Gold (567 Sunlit Cactus).

I think most Rite Aids carry this brand. If you can't find it there you can order these from the Jesse's Girl website, where they have free shipping on orders over $20 in the US.


Swatched dry over UDPP on top, wet on bottom, with flash.
566 Duochrome Blue/Green, 553 Sparkle Red, 568 Majestic Green

Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide
May contain: Iron Oxides, Iron Blue, Carmine (crushed beetles for red dye, yummy)

4 comments:

Askmewhats said...

I think I saw Jessie's girl somewhere, not sure if its online or a store..hmm..but anyways..thanks for this review, coz I wouldn't even think of buying this without someone reviewing this, the colors came out really good and pigmented :)

Katrina said...

I kept eyeing them for the longest time, but then someone did swatches of two of them with their MAC dupes so I finally decided to get some :)

Pri, uma Barbie Girl de Porto Alegre said...

hi, I'm Brazilian and i like so much your blog! I wold invite you to visit my blog cause i use the jesse's girls products and i am a blogger with more followers in beauty and make up. Sorry but i don't speak english, just try to communicate with a new friend in blogosphere.
Kiss!
Pri

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.