Saturday, April 19, 2008

Review: My Holy Grails

Red Gloss: Avon Glazewear lip gloss in Ruby Slippers. In the catalog the swatch is bright sparkly red, and it looks that way in the tube but its actually very sheer. It just gives a hint of red with soft sparkles. I like wearing this with bright eyes, as it gives my lips enough color without being too over the top. This also is great on days when I just want a nude lip. The gloss is thick but not too sticky. There is no scent. This cost just $6 but is half off more often then not.


Red Lipstick: NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White. The color is just how it sounds, Snow White red. It is completely matte, no shimmer or sparkle. If you want a bit of shine just put a dab of clear gloss over it. Very pigmented, last a long time. I don't find it to be drying, everything eventually makes my lips peel and this doesn't do it too much. If I was going to have a hot prince wake me up from a dead sleep, this is what I'd want to be wearing too. Just don't eat any apples before hand cause it'll probably come of. Perhaps the best part is that this is just $1 at cherryculture.com and I've found it in 4 different small beauty/hair supply stores around me.


Pink Lipstick: Wet N Wild, 517 Russian Tea Rose. This is a matte dark rose pink lipstick. It is very pigmented but I wear it lightly so it looks like a lighter pink. Its moisturizing and goes on smoothly. The lasting quality is great, there isn't much fading or moving. This is also just $1 at Rite Aid, Walgreens, Target, and anywhere else that has Wet N Wild.


Nude Lipstick: Avon Glazewear lipstick in Nude Attitude. I was planning on buying tons of different nude lipsticks, but once I got this one I didn't feel any need to buy more. Its a lovely sheer matte nude pink, it has just a little bit of shine. The formula is nice and light weight. There is a slight smell if you put the tube right under your nose but you can't smell anything when you wear it. This is $8 at Avon.com but it goes on sale pretty often. There is only about half the amount of product in the glazewear lipsticks compared to regular ones so I would only buy it on sale because its not going to last as long. Other then that, I don't have anything bad to say about this product.


Blushes: Jane Blushing Blossom & Blushing Earth Sheer. 1)Blushing Blossom is a perfect light pink. It goes on smoothly and is easy to blend. It has no shimmer. Its got great lasting power. You only need a little bit to get good color. 2)Blushing Earth Sheer is a hot pot of gorgeous peachy coraly goodness! I can't even begin to describe how beautiful this blush it. There is a very fine shimmer, but its not very noticable when you're wearing it. This goes on sheer but is buildable. I just get a lovely glow when wearing this. Its easy to blend and last all day on my oily skin. Jane blushes are only $4 at Walgreens, Rite Aid, and some Walmarts. Almost everyweek at least one of those places has it BOGO too.


Eye Detail Brush: It took me ages to discover this, and I'm so glad I finally did! Sonia Kashuk's Smudge Brush is wonderful. I don't strictly use this for smudging, but its great for over all blending and very precise smudging. Mostly I use this for eye shadow application. Its great for the inner corners of the eye, the crease, and around the lashes. This is also good for applying and smudging liner. The bristles are soft but firm and dense. You can get this for just $5 at Target.

No comments: